Have you tried cutwork embroidery in the hoop and had disappointing results or maybe you've been a little unsure about trying it? Maybe you did not know cutwork could be done on the embroidery machine. The emphasis in this class is on learning successful techniques. Stitching out this Bunny design in class will get you comfortable with creating cutwork embroidery in the hoop.
Stitched out design on white linen:
Included in the class price:
- cutwork bunny embroidery design
- the needed stabilizer
You bring the rest of the materials and supplies. Minimum size hoop is 150mmx 150mm. Choose from 2 design sizes, nominally 6"x6" or 8"x8". Designs are available in two formats, VP3 and PES.What to bring to class, preliminary list
:A more complete list will be sent to those who register for the class.
- A ready-made cotton or linen table runner (typically 16" wide by 54" or more long) or a length of fabric to be hemmed as a table runner.
- Embroidery machine
- Embroidery hoop , minimum size 150x150mm.
- Embroidery thread (Available for purchase in-store)
- 2-sided tape (3M gift wrap tape, Wondertape, or similar)
- Cutwork embroidery needles if you have them....OR ... small, sharp scissors (Inspira cutwork needles are available for purchase)
- General sewing supplies including small ruler, fabric marker, scissors, pins, etc.
Instructor: Susan Nelson
Questions about the class? Contact Susan by phone at 704-674-4391 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan has been sewing all her life making garments, quilts, slipcovers, home decor and more. She has been embroidering by machine since the mid-1980s. She is trained on Pfaff, Viking and BabyLock machines, is certified to teach Pfaff/Viking software, is a licensed Sulky teacher and has been published in THREADS magazine.